The average file room holds thousands of documents, and many of them contain confidential information about a business and its customers. When it comes time to find these files, employees can waste countless hours trying to locate lost documents in a disorganized system. This decreases productivity and increases the cost of doing business. Companies need a more effective way to quickly and easily organize, store, and find files.
Digital archiving is a relatively new concept to many companies, but it is a technological advancement that is changing the way businesses store and access critical information. Digitally archiving files is extremely efficient and allows companies to securely scan, track, and store all of their documents. In addition to storing physical files in a secure location, a Montgomery records management company can help businesses be more productive and even go paperless by providing access to electronic files when and how they need them. They can easily access their files via a secure web connection or receive them on a server or email.
Digital Archiving versus Scanning
Many businesses confuse digital archiving with scanning. A company, for example, may think it’s a good idea to scan all of their old files using a digital scanner. While this method is paperless, it is not efficient. It costs a great deal of time and money, and reduces a company’s productivity to scan each document. In most cases, companies only need 5 to 10 percent of the documents they actually store on-site, so they’re actually wasting time and resources scanning documents they will likely never retrieve or use in the future.
Montgomery records management companies can streamline the entire scanning and retrieval process. They implement a digital archiving program that can start as soon as the business begins working with them. This means that the business doesn’t have to go back and scan old files. From that day forward files received or generated by the company are digitally archived, and the Montgomery records management service stores the physical files in its secure storage center. Documents can then be scanned and sent on-demand in a digital format, saving the business time and money while providing peace of mind.
Why Digitally Archive?
Digital archiving saves offices huge amounts of time and money, but there are other key benefits that make a business more efficient and reduce overhead costs. Some reasons companies are switching to digital archiving services include:
- Increased productivity – Staff is no longer in charge of storing, locating, or even scanning documents. The Montgomery records management company handles the whole process.
- Security – Files are securely stored on-site and off-site. When digital files are accessed, they’re retrieved using a secure transfer and encrypted server.
- Control – Digital archiving allows companies to control when, where, and how they receive their documents.
- Automatic – Businesses can setup automatic destruction dates for files so that they don’t have to worry about whether or not they’re storing outdated information.
- Scalability – Since all information is stored virtually by the Montgomery records management company, businesses don’t have to worry about outgrowing their storage space. Storage continues to grow with the company no matter how many files are added in each month or each year.
- Protection – Files stored on-site are liability risks. They can be stolen, lost, or even damaged in a natural disaster. When stored digitally, files are protected no matter what occurs.
Start Digitally Archiving Your Files
When you work with a Montgomery records management company you can take advantage of a simple process that stores your files, keeps them secure, and delivers them electronically. The records manager receives your digital file request, locates and scans the file, emails or sends it via secure file transfer, and then enables you to access the file when it’s convenient for you.
If you’re ready to streamline your operations, contact the Montgomery records management specialists to learn more about a digital archiving solution. Visit Admiral Records Management for all of your information management needs by visiting www.AdmiralRecordsManagement.com or calling 877.816.5430.