“K.I.S.S.” Method for Easier Moving—“Keeping It Simple is Smart”
Moving is hard, there’s just no two ways about it. There are so many details to coordinate and so many things to do, and everything is temporarily upside-down while you’re in transition. My advice would be the “K.I.S.S.” approach. K.I.S.S. is a Method for Easier Moving —“Keeping It Simple is Smart”. In an office move there are just so many details to coordinate that the task can become overwhelming. Most moves involve three separate but equally important tasks:
Coupling shredding or destruction and offsite storage is smart records management, and doing it in concert with your move is efficient– the records management synergy will bring cost-savings on all three phases.
“K.I.S.S.” Method for Easier Moving – Shred, Store, Move Should Be Your Mantra, One Vendor Should Be Your Modus Operandi
You could conceivably have three separate vendors handling each of those tasks, but why? Moving is hard enough— why on earth would you want to add MORE to your already-loaded plate by trying to work with multiple vendors to get everything done? Coordinating them is a job unto itself, and you have more important things to do!
Working with one vendor that specializes in all aspects of moving and records management, who can meet all of your needs and coordinate everything for you, will make your move:
- More efficient
- Less risky, from a compliance perspective, and best of all,
- Less expensive
It’s Just Smarter to Use One Moving and Records Management Vendor:
- To have ONE point of contact, ONE source and ONE point of accountability for everything you need—it doesn’t get any simpler than that!
- To have an experienced professional coordinating the many aspects of your move, so all of the potential problems that might not even occur to you will be solved proactively for you, so your move will go much more smoothly
- To reduce the potential for a privacy breach liability by limiting who comes in contact with your confidential information to vendors that specialize in records management– a really good hybrid records manager/office mover will bring a great deal to the table with regards to the proper handling of sensitive data
Sometimes Less IS More
If ever there was a time when less is more—less frustration, less hassle and fewer headaches—it’s when you’re moving. So when you’re deciding which vendor to choose, always try to “Keep It Simple” and choose one vendor that knows what they’re doing. That will make your risk manager, lawyers, managers, and stockholders happy, not to mention your protected patients or clients. And your CEO and CFO will love the savings!
If you’d like to learn more about the many ways one vendor is better than many, and the kinds of mistakes rookies often make when it comes to moving, please call me! I’ll be glad to share whatever I know that might help you move smarter. To learn more about “K.I.S.S.” Method for Easier Moving fill out the form to the right or call 334-262-6666.
Related articles to Easier Mobving
- Admiral Records Management Adds Latest Technology And Software (admiralrecordsmanagement.com)
- Moving? Lock down Your Confidential Info with Secure Chain of Custody (alwaysleading.com)